Somebody asked me this question today. So I decided to make a list of things you/we could tell God –
- Tell him your problems, tragedies and worries.
- Thank him for the blessings, big and small.
- Tell him what you need. Maybe even what you want. No harm in tellng him the desires of your heart.
- Tell him that thought. It may be something very simple, maybe profound. Share it with him.
- Tell him about your family, friends and relatives. Some of them may have some need you know. Tell him what you think about it.
- Tell him about your enemies. About how they bother you. Maybe you do or don’t know what to do about it.
- How did your day go? Office. School. Work. No work. Garage. Airport. Park. Truck. Whatever, wherever, tell him.
“In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” (Matthew 6: 9 – 13)
When Jesus taught his disciples to pray, He covered everything – praise, supplications, needs, repentance, forgiveness, redemption, deliverance and glory to God.
Remember, after you have done all your telling, you can take the time out to ask, “Is there anything You want to tell me?”
Pray in your own words: Talk to him today.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 33-35 (Old Testament), Matthew 10: 1 – 20 (New Testament). (Click here to read)
(This plan is a yearly plan where you can read the full Bible in a single year.)